Small Seperation Daddy
Denise's Dreams Home
Small Seperation Daddy
Site Map
Small Seperation Daddy
E-Mail Denise
Small Seperation Daddy


Small Seperation Daddy

Serious Daddy Speaking at His 30 Yr Anniversary with MMC
Serious Daddy
Daddy in Hawaii
In Hawaii ~ Soft Side
Silly Santa
Silly Santa!

Small Seperation Daddy
Sign My DreambookView My Dreambook

The Heaven's Angels (A group I formerly belonged to) Created a lovely
heartfelt page for me in honor of Daddy
on the 4th Anniversary of his Passing.
View the Page Here

Praying Hands Link to  Page

Small Seperation Daddy

This website has been authored by Denise Rednour from 1995 to present. All text, files, images, pictures, backgrounds and graphics on this website are copyrighted and are strictly prohibited to be used for any purpose without prior express written authorization from Denise's Dreams

2006 Denise's Dreams
All Rights Reserved.

Small Seperation Daddy
"Daddy"s Little Girl"
Sung by Faith Hill

William F. Davis (Daddy)
Forever Candle Animation

In Loving Memory

William Francis Davis

December 9, 1927
March 29, 2001
Denise's Bar

Forever Candle Animation

William Francis Davis, "Bill" as he was known, was the second born child to Rose Marie and William Davis on December 9, 1927 in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania. He was one of seven children, (one little girl was lost) leaving three boys and three girls. His Sisters were Rose Marie, Catherine, and Dorothy and his Brothers were Harry and Jim.
(All of my Aunts and Uncles remain and live in Michigan or Florida).

Pennsylvania Coal Mine

Times were very hard growing up during the great depression. Daddy started picking coal before he was old enough to work. His Father worked in the coal mines of Pennsylvania. He graduated from Ypsilanti High School (Michigan) in 1945 and when he was finally old enough, he went to work for Mayer Fletcher Photography in Ypsilanti where the family had moved.

He enlisted in the U.S. Navy during peace time and served as a Photographer stationed in San Francisco, California until he was honorably discharged.

When he returned to Michigan, Bill would later work for Preston Tucker at The Tucker Automobile Factory. Many of you know the story of Mr. Tucker if you saw the movie "Tucker, A Man and His Dream". Although the job was short-lived, Bills interest in cars, especially the Tucker, would remain with him through the years until his untimely passing.

1948 Tucker Automobile
The 1948 Tucker Automobile

When Mr. Tucker was put out of business by the "Big Three" automakers, Bill went to work for a company called Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Aeronautical Ice Research Lab located in Willow Run, Michigan. He was employed as a Purchasing Agent.

In late 1952 while working there, he would meet a young woman by the name of Dolores Anne Sloss who was employed as a Technical Typist. They went on their first date in May of 1953 and were united in marriage on August 8th, 1953, just 3 months later.

~ Visit Mom's Page Here ~

During the first five years of marriage, they remained in Ypsilanti and Bill went to work for Fingerle Hollister Wood Lumber Company as a Salesman.

Then, in 1956, Bill was offered a position with Glen L. Martin Company which was later Martin Marietta Aerospace and is now Lockheed-Martin Company in Denver, Colorado. He would remain with Martin Marietta until his retirement some 33 years later.

Daddy worked on numerous projects in his years in aerospace beginning with the Titan Missiles and then the Viking Lander, followed by the Space Shuttle, and Peacekeeper Missile Projects. He was Manager of Program Planning and was highly respected by his peers
(and of course his family!).

Titan Missile
The Viking Lander (Mars)
The Space Shuttle
A Peacekeeper Missile
Titan Missile
Viking Lander
Space Shuttle

Bills work at Martin Marietta began in Denver, but just a few months after going to work for them, he was transferred to Vandenberg Air Force Base in Lompoc, California. They would settle in nearby Santa Maria.

Ten years later, he would return to Denver for a project that lasted an additional four years.

In March of 1972, he was again transferred, this time to New Orleans, Louisiana. It was here that he was on the External Tank Project for NASA's Space Shuttle Program. He located in Slidell, Louisiana, a suburb across Lake Pontchartrain and commuted until 1976.

It was in 1976 that the company once again transferred him - happily he returned to Santa Maria. Bill would remain there until his retirement.

This was Bill's dream ~ to retire in California. In his leisure time, he enjoyed refurbishing automobiles and had a passion for golf. He had longed to return to the climate and friends he had left behind on the Golden Coast.

Bill had purchased a 1948 Packard Clipper while living in Louisiana and upon retirement, he completed the restoration of it. It was his pride and joy. He also restored a 1967 Mustang which he completed shortly before he passed away.

Packard from Left
Packard Head On
Packard from Right
1948 Packard
Mustang - Front
Mustang - Side
Mustang - Rear
1967 Mustang

When he wasn't working on the cars, he was teeing up at the Santa Maria Country Club where he served as an officer for several years. He loved the game! He took my Mother to Hawaii on an annual golf trip for several years.

Santa Maria Country Club
The Santa Maria Country Club

Very suddenly, on January 15th, of 2001 as he had just celebrated his 74th Birthday, Bill became ill and was hospitalized with what they thought to be pneumonia. This came as a big surprise because Daddy had always been blessed with excellent health. He seldom caught a head cold.

A few days and many tests later, the real horror came. He was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. It was already in Stage 4 when it was found. He would endure only two chemotherapy treatments before he was called home by God on March 29th, 2001. Even in death, he was the most dignified man I will ever know. He didn't want to impose on anyone and died peacefully at home in his own bed with his family with him.

Bill left behind, his loving wife Dolores who was happily married to him for 49 years and their two children, Denise (myself) and Michael. He was also survived by his 5 siblings and a host of nieces and nephews. In addition, he left virtually hundreds of friends and former co-workers behind. We are all lost without him and miss him with all of our hearts. We know he is with God and the angels and are thankful that he did not suffer for long.

Daddy was cremated and interred in the Tower Of Light in the Memory Gardens in Santa Maria. The memorial service was held Tuesday, April 3rd, 2001 at 1:00pm. The services were held on what would have been his Mother's 101st Birthday. The memorial card was especially meaningful and read as follows:

God saw you getting tired,
And a cure was not to be;
So He put His arms around you,
And whispered "Come to Me."
With careful eyes we watched you,
We saw you pass away;
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hardworking hands at rest;
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.

A second service was held in Ypsilanti, Michigan for the remainder of the family and friends about a month later proving that he touched the lives of many across the country.

Bill was very respected and his life was filled with many accomplishments. Our world is not the same without him and his guidance and love.

We love you!
~ May you rest in peace ~

Denise's Bar
The Davis Siblings
Daddy and His Siblings
Taken in Las Vegas on the Occasion of His 70th Birthday

What My Father Meant to Me

My Daddy was a man that embodied everything a man should be. He was very intelligent and hard-working. He was a devoted husband and father and would sacrifice anything for the sake of his family.

Daddy would appear at times to be gruff or stern on the exterior, but inside was a heart of gold. I fondly remember him telling us children that Santa Claus was not going to bring us much of anything because we hadn't done our chores or gotten good enough grades on our report cards and then on Christmas Eve, he'd buy out the stores and our whole room would be filled with presents.

Dad had a wonderful personality and was a great teller of jokes. He enjoyed family functions and would entertain us by singing and playing the guitar or harmonica while Mom played the organ.

He was generous, emotional, compassionate, my confidant, my protector and every bodies best friend. I will never, ever meet anyone who will hold a candle to him in my heart. He was one of a kind and I thank God I was blessed to have him as my Dear Daddy.

Denise's Bar
Denise's Dreams Copyright Logo
Denise's Bar
Mouseover to Return to Page Top